Saturday, March 14, 2009

inappropriate indeed

yesterday a kid asked meant to ask me about seeing something about the dance, and although he was thinking "dance," what he said was "va-jay-jay." "dr. larson, can i see your va-jay-jay?"
i blame myself and all of my sex talks with the kids.
today we are extracting DNA from strawberries. i gave a brief intro on DNA and what it is and where it is and what chromosomes are and how Jamie Lee Curtis is actually a man because she is XY and not XX. That information might have destroyed some children. As we're isolating DNA, a students raises his hand, i walk over, and he asks if we can isolate DNA from his sperm. again, i blame myself. later that class another student walks up to me and says, "i know this might be in inappropriate question, but... " Nope.. no but. i stopped that question. i have a feeling it had something to do with how his keychain smelled like pee.

No comments: